- Drive into the National Park (entrance opposite the gas station on the main road) and stop at the ticket booth to pay entrance fees. Then continue to Parking Lot B where our staff will meet you for registration and where your group and guide will gather. The activity lasts approximately 3 hours.
- We dig even in rainy weather.
- COMPLETELY CLOSED sneakers or hiking boots are required. If you wear sandals or open shoes of any kind, you will NOT be allowed in the caves.
- You should wear comfortable clothing that can get dirty.
- We recommend always having plenty of drinking water with you.
- ALL children MUST be supervised by their parents or other accompanying adults at all times.
- Children younger than 5 may NOT go on the cave tour (the “crawl”). Instead, an appropriate number of adults must wait above ground with them during this part of the activity.
- Archaeological Seminars Institute is NOT responsible for the theft or damage of any items brought with you or left in your car.
- Our on-site phone number is 054 314-5700 (from abroad: +972-54-314-5700).
- There is no public transportation to or from Beit Guvrin so you will need to either drive or take a taxi. There is no taxi stand in Beit Guvrin so round-trip taxi rides must be ordered in advance. The ride from both Jerusalem and Tel Aviv takes approximately one hour.
- If you use Waze, please list “Tel Maresha” (which will take you to Parking Lot B after stopping at the park ticket booth).
Attached is a link to waze
- Cancellations are accepted and refunded at 95% up to 5 business days prior to your dig.